Episode 51: What Grief Teaches You About Life
Have you ever lost hope? Chelsea Dinsmore was hours away from reaching the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro when her entire life changed.
No one would have blamed her if she stayed in bed for months. Experts, books and friends all told her to give herself a year to heal. If you have experienced loss or death, grief can consume you. Chelsea practiced mindfulness as she grieved, always examining her thoughts before reacting. Over the next year, she traveled the world - alone - and she designed a life based how she wanted to feel.
Quote 51: "You always have the option to keep your eyes open to life."
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dealing with grief
- Traveling the world for an entire year by herself
- Designing your life
- Staying curious
- Reframing life's problems, even after death and loss
- Finding love after losing her husband
From the show:
- Watch Chelsea's speech from World Domination Summit 2016
- Scott's TED Talk: How to Find Work You Love
- Visit Live Your Legend
- Follow Chelsea on Instagram