Episode 61: ESPN's Maria Taylor on Women in Sports, Mentors and Self-Care
- Why her first experience as a college football sideline reporter felt like "trial by fire"
- Social media trolls and criticisms as a female reporter
- Fitting in as a person of color in the industry
- Mentoring and how men can support women at work as a colleague, mentor or manager
- Self-care routines for someone with a busy schedule
The host, analyst and reporter, who has become a prominent voice in the network’s college sports coverage, will continue her roles on a number of franchise programming including ABC Saturday Night Football, Saturday Primetime (men’s college basketball) and studio host for Big Monday, Thursday Showcase (women’s college basketball) and the NCAA Women’s Final Four.
Maria is also the co-founder of The Winning Edge Leadership Academy, a non-profit organization devoted to developing the professional potential of young women and minorities in sports business.
Follow Maria Taylor on Instagram
**Love the show? Leave a review!
Visit the YOU WANNA DO WHAT?! online: www.youwannadowhat.com
- Have a question? Want to recommend a topic or guest? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow me on Instagram and Facebook
- NEW: www.twitter.com/youwannadowhat1
Subscribe to YOU WANNA DO WHAT??! on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or your favorite podcast app.